1. The word “alphabet” is derived from the first two letters of the Greek alphabet, “alpha” and “beta.”
2. A retired teacher in California taught high school for 17 years without knowing how to read or write.
3. It takes about 364 licks to get to the tootsie roll center of a Tootsie Pop.
4. The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
5. Couples who spend at least 10 minutes a day laughing together are more likely to have a stronger relationship.